As part of the EU’s “Fitness Check” of EU consumer and marketing law – evaluating the current Directives for their effectiveness, efficiency, coherence, relevance and EU added value, there is an on-line survey.
Six Directives are being assessed:
- Unfair Contract Terms Directive 93/13/EEC;
- Consumer Sales and Guarantees Directive 1999/44/EC;
- Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC;
- Price Indication Directive 98/6/EC;
- Misleading and Comparative Advertising Directive 2006/114/EC;
- Injunctions Directive 2009/22/EC.
But they are also looking at the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83/EU, which is subject to a separate evaluation.
Their survey is asking for views on the current requirements and also the potential for amendments. The findings will also affect the development of the two proposed Directives covering consumer contracts for on-line sales of goods and digital content.
More information and the link to the questionnaire can be found on the europa website.