AMDEA acts as an informed conduit and industry expert body between manufacturers, Government, stakeholders and customers on all issues that affect the manufacture, distribution, service, repair and end of life disposal relating to the use of domestic and business appliances in the UK.
Our main aims are to:
- Provide a forum/channel that represents our industry’s voice to Government, regulators and other authorities on proposed changes to legislation and other matters that may have an impact on our industry
- Communicate the significant contribution and strengths that the UK appliance industry contributes to the UK economy and consumer value creation
- Provide an independent and well governed forum for appliance manufacturers and distributors trading in the UK to discuss and debate technical and policy matters
- Keep our members informed of developments/changes in legislation, regulation and conditions affecting the industry
- Provide information to aid our membership with their day-to-day business, such as market information and trends, technical advice and regulatory changes
- Raise standards and promote the benefits of efficient, high quality appliances